February 27, 2017 0 Comments
These Savoury Cheese Muffins are a favourite of ours and are extremely fast to make with staple ingredients found in most pantries.
It's super easy to leave out the celery & capsicum for fussy little ones, or replace with finely chopped onion if that's all you have available. You can also add some finely diced ham or bacon if you choose to give some extra flavour to your savoury muffins.
Best of all they freeze really well and are perfect for throwing in the lunch box.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200° C bake. Grease muffin tins.
2. Place celery, capsicum and cheese into a bowl.
3. Sift flour, cayenne pepper, baking powder and salt into the bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Quickly stir in egg, butter and milk.
5. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins.
6. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until the tops are golden.
** please note that this recipe is for large muffins which will take about 15 minutes to cook. If cooking mini muffins reduce the cook time to approximately 10 minutes and keep an eye on the tops till they turn golden.
** These Savoury Cheese Muffins freeze beautifully. Simply pop them in an airtight container or bag in the freezer and when required pop them straight in the lunch box. They will help keep the lunchbox temperature down but will be defrosted by snack time.
Take a look at our Litter-free Lunch Boxes here
** Recipe credit to Edmonds