July 07, 2017 0 Comments
I am a huge lover of anything chocolate, but add a little coconut and I am absolutely in my happy place. So you can imagine my excitement when I came across a healthy recipe to indulge my cravings.
This chocolate coconut slice is delicious and got the thumbs up by both my boys and the "hell yeah" from the husband.
Warning: pop in the freezer as soon as cut or you will find yourself having to make another within days.
Prep time 10 minutes
Fridge Time 1 hour to chill
1. Line a square 20 cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
2. Place the base ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin and set aside.
3. Place ingredients for the middle layer into your food processor and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Press the mixture over your base and set aside.
4. Mix together the ingredients for your chocolate topping and pour the topping over your slice, spreading it out to cover the middle layer.
5. Place in the fridge to set for about 1 hour.
optional - if you choose to sprinkle coconut over the top, remove from fridge after 5 minutes to do this then return to the fridge until completely set.
6. Slice into squares. Enjoy!
Once sliced this can be stored in the fridge or freezer, and you can serve or pop in the lunchbox straight from there.
** Take a look at our Litter-free Lunchboxes here
Recipe credit: Wholefood Simply