April 03, 2017
Growing up as a kid I was fortunate to have a Mum that would pop delicious homemade treats in our lunchbox. It was a sense of warmth and love that followed us from home to school - a touch of Mum with us during the day.
Now days, time is so precious that it's sometimes easier to pop in packets of treats or a store-brought biscuit. The cost of these certainly mounts up, and the lack of knowledge of what's in them can be concerning!
Taking the time on the weekend to make a few homemade treats - muffins, slices, cakes etc can be a life saver when packing the lunchbox. Pop them in the freezer for during the week and pull them out when you need them - much kinder on your wallet and body too!
I always get a nostalgic feeling when doing home baking for the boys, and hope one day that it will evoke nostalgic memories for them and their children x
Why not give it a try - here's an extremely quick and simple recipe to get you started - it's absolutely delicious!
Prep time 5 minutesFridge Time 2 hours
1. Combine rice bubbles and coconut in a large bowl.
2. Add melted coconut oil and honey, mixing until well combined.
3. Press firmly into a lined slice tin.
4. Pop in the fridge for 1 - 2 hours until set.
5. Once set, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into 16 long bars. For a more bite size treat, cut into 32 squares.
6. Store in the fridge, or you can freeze once cut and pull out as you are ready to add them to the lunchbox.
** Take a look at our Litter-free Lunch Boxes here
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 21, 2018
October 12, 2018
March 26, 2018
Lets keep in touch!
Subscribe to our newsletter to find out about phunky new products, ideas and recipes first....
We take your privacy very seriously. No spam.