Chocolate brownie is a delicious treat that we all love.
This one lets us enjoy it even more knowing there is hidden goodness to make it just a bit healthier. The subtle crunch of the chia seeds puts a twist on the favourite brownie that will have you coming back for more.
Perhaps pop it in the freezer before it's all gone, then you can pull a piece out to pack in the lunch box.
Crunchy Chia Choccy Brownie
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or line a 25 cm x 25 cm brownie tin.
2. In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat. Stir through the sugar, salt and vanilla essence. Remove from the heat before the sugar catches on the bottom. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Fold the chia seeds into the chocolate mixture and then fold through the flour.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs together. Add about a third of the egg mixture to the batter, stirring until it is well combined, then repeat until all the egg is well mixed in. Fold the nuts through.
5. Pour the brownie mixture into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out almost clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool further, then cut into squares and dust with a little icing sugar if desired.
7. Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container until you're ready to pop them in the lunch box.
Recipe credit: Recipe taken from the Munch Lunchbox Cookbook. You can grab your own copy with loads of other ideas here.