Do you want to make something delicious and simple minus all the fuss? Create a wonderful self crusting quiche with whatever you have in the fridge - no special trips to the supermarket! It's one of those brilliant life-saving recipes where you throw it all in together - perfect for when you're short on time.
The recipe can act as a master recipe with all sorts of variations. It's a wonderful way to use up leftovers or clear out the fridge.
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 40 - 45 minutes
1. Pre heat oven to 190°C.
2. Spray a quiche or baking dish with baking spray.
3. In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Add milk, flour, cheese, onion and garlic. Stir to combine.
4. Add chopped spinach, pre cooked kumara & pumpkin, and mixed veges. Mix until combined well.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour into previously greased baking dish.
7. Bake in oven for 40 - 45 minutes until golden on top and is springy in the middle to touch.
8. Leave to settle in the dish for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
9. Serve it hot or cold with a side salad, or cut into thick slices for the lunchbox. It works perfectly with a little relish on the side ;-)
** Store in the fridge until your ready to serve or add to the lunchbox.
Take a look at our Litter-free Lunch Boxes here
Why not try these variations:
We would love to hear of any other combinations you try. Change it around each time to keep the recipe alive and exciting!
We hope you love it! xx
Recipe credit: my Mum when i first left home :-)