✨ AFTERPAY, LAYBUY and POLI available ✨
December 14, 2016
It's challenging work trying to come up with fresh ideas to keep children interested and excited about their lunches, and keep them trying new foods. It can be too easy to get stuck in that sandwich rut, putting the same old options in their lunch box each day.
Which is why we have created a simple twist on the classic wrap, to give another eye-catching option for you to pop in the lunchbox.
Here's how we do it:
We generally use wholemeal wraps, but for added colour you could try spinach or roasted capsicum wraps.
1. Cover the base of the wrap with avocado, leaving the top 1/4 free of filling (as you roll the wrap later the filling will move).
2. Layer your fillings in the middle of the wrap. Here we have used ham, carrot, cheese & mushroom. See below for more filling ideas.
3. Carefully and firmly roll the wrap, starting with the bottom and rolling upwards. Be sure to roll quite tightly to prevent the filling from falling out. Position it seam down on the chopping board to prevent it from unravelling when you cut it.
4. Cut into sushi sized pieces. I usually cut thinner pieces on the ends and discard as they don't hold together well.
5. Before placing in the lunch box, secure with a food pick to keep them together incase the school bag gets thrown about on the way to school.
Filling Ideas for Sushi Style Wraps:
Don't forget to add a few condiments to jazz them up a little - salt, pepper, mayo, mustard, sauce, pickle, relish.
The list above is by all means not complete, so if you have any other ideas for fillings please comment and I will add it to the post.
If you feel like these Sushi Style Wraps are not quite grown up enough, why not try yummy wraps cut in half and secured with a silicone wrap band....
Thanks for reading :-) I hope you love them like my boys do xx
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 21, 2018
October 12, 2018
March 26, 2018
Lets keep in touch!
Subscribe here to find out about phunky new products, ideas and recipes first....
We take your privacy very seriously. No spam.