Love the simplicity of throwing together a sandwich for lunch but not too keen on all that bread? What about a Bento Nori & Rice sandwich with all your favourite fillings?
We've got the perfect mould to make delicious Onigirazu - a type of Japanese Rice Ball but square and much more like a sandwich.
Directions for use:
- Lay a piece of Nori paper on a clean dry surface.
- Fill Onigirazu Mould with rice and compact with the lid. Turn out onto the Nori paper so it looks like a diamond shape, with the tip of the diamond at the top of the sheet of Nori (see attached instruction photo). Sprinkle with sesame seeds for extra flavour (optional).
- Add fillings on top of the rice.
- Place another mould of rice on top of fillings.
- Pull one corner of the Nori sheet over the rice, press down lightly until it holds. Do this again with the side corners, remembering to press until it holds. Finally fold over the last corner. It can be easier to lay a piece of plastic wrap/honey wrap under the Nori paper at the beginning to help with the folding of the Nori paper.
- Slice the Onigirazu in half and enjoy, or leave wrapped up and save for later.
- ham, cheese, lettuce
- tuna or chicken salad
- crispy chicken, spinach, grated carrot, mayo
- bacon, egg, lettuce/spinach
- grated beetroot
8.5 cm x 8.5 cm x 2.5 cm
Made of Polypropylene
Made in Japan